Chengdu, “the City of Confederate Roses”, has a reputation as “the land of abundance” since ancient times. It is also the major overland gateway to Tibet. Chengdu is the only city that has never changed its name over history since it was founded. This capital city of the Sichuan province plays a significant role in the southwestern China. It has been the political, economic, and cultural center of the southwest and an important city in the Yangtze River area. Chengdu has the most flights to Tibet which are currently the least expensive ones compared with the flights from other cities.
Flying distance from Chengdu to Shigatse: 2346.5KM
Flying time from Chengdu to Shigatse: 2 hours and 40 minutes
Main airlines: Tibet Airlines
Shifts of flights: one shift a day
Flight route: direct flight
Fare: 1830RMB(ticket) + 80RMB(the airport construction fee and fuel fee) = 1910RMB
Departure airport: Chengdu Shuangliu Airport
Chengdu-Shigatse flights schedule:
There is one direct flight from Chengdu to Shigatse every day: Tibet Airlines TV9843/ZH3943/CA3983, taking off at 6:20 and arriving at Shigatse Peace Airport at 9:10;
1. The above flight information is for reference only, please contact us for the latest information on Chongqing-Shigatse flight.
2. In the off seasons, as there are fewer tourists, airlines might reduce flights accordingly. If you want to travel to Tibet during the low seasons, please contact our travel consultants in advance to make sure you can book the ideal flight.
Chengdu Shuangliu Airport
Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport (IATA: CTU, ICAO: ZUUU) is located in the southwest of the center of Shuangliu District, Chengdu, China. The airport is 16 kilometers from Chengdu downtown area. It is one of China's eight regional hub airports, an aviation hub in China's inland areas and a passenger & cargo distribution center. Shuangliu Airport is currently divided into two terminals, T1 and T2. Sichuan Airlines and all international/Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan flights take off and land in the T1 terminal. All other flights take off and land in the T2 terminal. You can walk from one terminal to another in about ten minutes. And there is a shuttle bus between T1 and T2 which runs every five minutes and operates from 7:30am to 10:00pm.
There are several ways from Chengdu downtown area to the Shuangliu Airport
1. Taxi-- Terminal 1: The airport taxi stop is at the Gate 2 outside T1 Arrival Hall
-- Terminal 2: The airport taxi stop is at the Gate 4-5 outside T2 Arrival Hall.
2. High-speed rail: Chengdu-Mianyang-leshan Intercity Railway station is located at the B1 Shuangliu Airport Station of terminal 2. It connects Shuangliu Airport with Chengdu South Railway Station and Chengdu East Railway Station. Shuangliu Airport Station can be arrived within half an hour from Deyang, Meishan and it also can be reached from Jiangyou, Mianyang, Leshan and Emeishan within an hour.
3. Subway: Chengdu Metro Line 10 was opened on September 6, 2017. The first phase of the project is about 10.9 kilometers long, all of which are underground lines. There are 6 stations in total, starting from Taipingyuan Station, passing through the Jinxiu station, Huaxing Station, Jinhua Station, Shuangliu Airport Terminal 1, and ending at Shuangliu Airport terminal 2 station.
4. Airport bus: There are many buses from the airport to Chengdu downtown area. Some of the bus information are as follows: Bus 300 -- North Railway Station - Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport, fare: 10 yuan
Bus 303 -- road, the downtown ticket booth (next to Mingshan Hotel) - Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport, fare: 10 yuan Bus 317 – the East Square Chengdu East Railway Station - Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport, fare: 2 yuan
5. Chartered Bus: Chartered bus is recommended If you have a large group of people. Our company provides Chengdu car/bus services for all tourists, including airport pick-up and drop-off service.
Shigatse Peace Airport
Shigatse Peace Airport (IATA: RKZ, ICAO: ZURK), Shigatse Heping Airport, or Shigatse Air Base, is a dual-use military and civilian airport serving Shigatse, the second largest city in Tibet Autonomous Region, China. It is located in Jiangdang Township, 43 kilometres (27 mi) from Shigatse. Situated at an elevation of 3,782 metres (12,408 ft), it is one of the highest airports in the world.
Construction of Shigatse Airport started in 1968 and was completed in 1973. It was solely for military use until 2010, when a 532 million yuan expansion was completed. On 30 October 2010, the airport was opened as the fifth civilian airport in Tibet. The airport has a 5,000 meter runway with a 60-meter asphalt overrun at each end. It also features a 4,500 square-metre terminal building.